Uploader sonsoloidee says it's from Montreux, '71; commenter npspec34 says it sounds like the UCLA concert in '72. I assume much the same band and arrangements at those two shows.
I guess they call this Patriot Day now?
I wrote about it when it happened. The first 9/11. Well, not the first 9/11, but the one we commemorate every year 'round this time.
I don't really need to reread it. I lived those moments enough times on the date, and the days, weeks, months that followed. And I'm not even a New Yorker -- didn't even know anybody who was affected.
I think I'm a patriot. Here's some patriotic shit I'd like to see our government do in honor of 9/11. In no particular order -- I do call this a Stream of Consciousness, after all.
- End the war in Afghanistan.
- Bring our troops home.
- Actually care for our troops once they're home.
- That means acknowledging the suicide epidemic.
- And all the TBI's.
- And all that other shit we're not helping people with.
- Seriously. Veterans should not be begging on the street or killing themselves.
- While we're at it, how about caring for the 9/11 first responders?
- That includes covering the ones who got cancer from inhaling the fucking towers.
- "No proven link" my ass. Fuck you. I don't care if they coincidentally got cancer from chain-smoking; they're fucking 9/11 first responders. Pay for their goddamn healthcare. Raise Mitt Romney's taxes if you have to.
- And if any of them are illegal immigrants, give them citizenship. Don't you go telling me there is a single damn 9/11 first responder who is not American enough to be a citizen.
- Close Guantánamo Bay.
- Give the inmates the same chance at a trial that Charles Manson got.
- Throw the guilty ones in a stateside prison.
- Let the innocent ones go. They're innocent.
- Dismantle the TSA and replace it with something that is not a goddamn joke.
This is America. We can do this.
Fuck, we can at least do some of it, can't we?