In January 2016, I released my first self-published short story, Old Tom and the Old Tome. You can download it for free (or a donation of your choice) from this site, or buy from Smashwords, Amazon, iBooks, and more.
Disclaimer About Really Old Stuff
Okay, so from here on out everything linked from this page is pretty old. Some of these pages haven't seen a redesign since 2000. So expect some pretty outdated web design, and a gallery that doesn't have any thumbnails. I'll probably get around to fixing some of this stuff eventually, but the oldest entries are probably going to stay as-is.
Here be dragons.
Stuff I and others have written over the years.
My Favorite Searches (2002-present)
Search terms that lead people to this page.
The classic Sonic 'XX reply-to story, contributed to by dozens of authors over more than two decades.
The Mighty Trinity (2001-2004)
Thad. Brent. Steve. Brad. Afro Jon. Together...they fight crime.
The Gatrix (2003)
My own dialogue added to screen grabs from Microsoft's Comdex '03 Matrix spoof.
The Lesser of Two Evils (November 2000)
In which I compare the 2000 election to a race between Hitler and Stalin. Look, Godwin's Law wasn't really a thing back then. (And no, I am not really suggesting that Bush and Gore were equivalent to Hitler and Stalin, or even to each other. Just that I really am not a big fan of having only two undesirable choices of people to vote for.)
Also, wow, the layout looks especially hideous on that one. I have no idea what happened between 2000 and present to do that; it used to look less terrible.
Thad vs. YourGoingToHell.com (September 2000)
In arguably the biggest flop in this site's history, I decided to try and mess with the owner of a fundy website. Unfortunately, it turned out to be way less funny than I anticipated, and then Sharkey made fun of me.
Enemies List (August 2000)
Back in the summer of 2000, I started to compile an Enemies List. It never really went anywhere; it has two entries.
Short and To-the-Point Questionnaire (July 2000)
In the tradition of Brentai's Anti-Chain Letter of yore, my response to those damn personality tests people used to keep forwarding to me, until they all moved that crap to Facebook.
Old Sig (June 2000)
In the old days, I was known for having an insanely long signature file. This is the original version before I revised it on June 12, 2000.
FAQ (February 2000/December 2000)
When I first put the site up, I included an FAQ. It's tremendously old and outdated now.
A short piece I wrote for a high school humanities class -- I believe the assignment was based on A Modest Proposal.
Jaded Views (1995)
Public Service Announcement (2003)
I used to sell this as a T-shirt. ...Well, okay, I used to have this up for sale as a T-shirt; nobody but my grandmother ever actually bought any. Did I mention that I named my website "corporate sellout" out of irony?
The old site top logo, drawn by my old friend Jessica Spencer around 1997ish during our freshman year in high school. Something about it just makes me want to hop in Green Lion and go kick some ass.
Anyone who tries to post my images elsewhere is highly likely to end up with this one instead.
This once set off a flamewar with a My Little Pony fan forum. Long story.
At the end of my Freshman year of college, I had $130 left in my student account. I spent all of it on Mountain Dew.
I grew ten and a half months' worth of beard between December '00 and October '01, at which point I shaved it all off in one fell swoop so I could play Brad in Rocky Horror. The results of that chilling evening:
My brother and me with John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants.
Link me (June 2000)
A few (then-)oversized banners only one guy ever used, and a flyer I put on my door once.
Various avatars I've used on boards.pyoko.org and Brontoforumus.
- Gay Billy Idol, courtesy of Brad.
- A shot of myself, cropped down from beard-after. Some dumbass newbie once used this as a reason to talk shit about Thundercats; he was gone within a day or so, never to be heard from again.
- Brad making the Asshole Sign.
- Apple II Rocky Horror.
- Leonardo, from the cover of TMNT (new series) #1, with some badass airbrushing on my part if I do say so myself.
- The Bill/Bison Mask. I actually wore it for Halloween, back in eighth grade if I'm not mistaken.
- You've Got Crabs, Ass-Face! From Clone High.
- It's Beyond Me, Help Me Mommy! A shot of me in my floorshow attire.
- Donald Rumsfeld swatting at invisible elves. Or using the Jedi Mind Trick. Or...insert your own joke here, really.
- Bill Gates as Morpheus. See also: The Gatrix.
- Beard and Dew, cropped from Tower of Dew.
- Joe Lieberman with Kuribo's Shoe. From Xquzyphyr and Overboard's January 28, 2004 strip. I have concluded that more political cartoons need to make use of obscure powerups from Mario 3.
- Bush and Cheney as The Joker and Lex Luthor. Courtesy of Boondocks, the January 20, 2004 strip.
- George Bush punching a guy in the face during a rugby game. Courtesy of Bob Harris on thismodernworld.com.
- Take this boa away! Another floor show pic for Halloween.
- We Are Fucked. An oldie but goodie from the 2000 election, as timely in '04 as it was then.
- i am graduit!!!!! Slightly modified from the original high school version to reflect my college graduit look.
- Scrooge's monocle pop, as suggested by Brent and then produced via an altered Jack T Chick tract.
- Huey Freeman's resolution for revolution, via Boondocks.
- Ford, Arthur, and Zaphod, paper, scissors, and rock.
- Toon Han and Chewie from the only watchable part of The Star Wars Holiday Special. Via Stomp Tokyo.
- Dr. McNinja, as seen on drmcninja.com.
- Frylock. Because I am Frylock. (Suggested by Angryoptimist, implemented by Sharkey.)
- Mustachioed Commie Thad, from Sharkey's Hail the Heroes of the Revolution! graphic commemorating the exodus from the Pyoko boards. (For reference he used a photo of me at Brad's Mustache and Sweater Party from 2007.)
- Mega Man, from Capcom's mocked-up terrible NES-style Mega Man 9 box art.
- "Science will fuck you!" The mad Russian scientist Dr. Dragomir Vukovic from Ignition City by Warren Ellis and Gianluca Pagliarani.
Rent movie trailer
My own fan trailer for the movie adaptation of Rent, which was my favorite Broadway musical as a high school lad. This was before YouTube took off, so I've hosted the sucker here on-site in QuickTime format at multiple resolutions.
Brent's Rule for Impatient People: Watch whole thing.
Steve's Rule for Stupid People: With the sound on.
Legal foolishness: This Rent movie trailer is totally unapproved by Sony Pictures, Paramount Pictures, and generally every single entity in the world who is not me. This is parody and as such protected fair use.
A Flash animation I made in June 2000, shortly after graduating high school. Will almost certainly have problems with sync of graphics and music, but not too bad a little project.
A Hero's Death (2006)
Tempe High: The Zelda Quest (2000-2004)
A Zelda Classic quest based on my high school. I worked on the thing for nearly as many years as I actually spent in high school but never got around to finishing it; this link contains demos and a bestiary.
FP Hacks (2000)
In 2000, Brent released a few demos for a game he was working on, titled Furry Phantasy, because in the year 2000 "Furry Phantasy" did not sound nearly as horrifying as it does today. I made a few hacks, and I put them up on this page. However, since they require Brent's demos to run, and Brent's demos are long gone, you can't really do much of anything with them, though you can look at the pretty pictures and listen to the awful MIDIs.
Back in college I used to run an oldschool text-only BBS called Sonic '0X. It's long gone but here are the materials I put up for it.
A rough description of my BBS.
Thad's Quick and Dirty Guide To Getting On His BBS
A quick-and-dirty guide on how to access my BBS using Windows and HyperTerminal.